Remote climate monitoring of museum & art galleries
Each person has his/her own personal feel-good temperature – and most objects in museums and archives do too. But unlike us, paintings, sculptures or antique books cannot adapt, and always depend on establishment of the appropriate ambient climate.
The monitoring system testo 160 supports you in protecting works of art from mould, bleaching, corrosion or distortion, comprehensively and at the same time unobtrusively.
Works of art are extremely sensitive to fluctuations in the ambient conditions in the rooms in which they are exhibited or stored.
- Monitor indoor climate, light irradiation and air quality wherever they have an influence on the condition – and therefore the value – of exhibits
- Ensure a pleasant climate in exhibition rooms for visitors and staff
With the monitoring system testo 160, you monitor temperature, humidity, light intensity, UV radiation and CO₂ concentration automatically, unobtrusively and without interruption.
- Small dimensions, individually designable housing cover
- Individual alarm functions (e-mail & SMS)
- Low effort required for installation and operation
- Measurement value transfer by wireless LAN to the Cloud store
Into the Testo Cloud with Wi-Fi
Compact professional article on the most important standards for online data storage.
- Benefits of cloud solutions
- Recommendations for safety measures
Whitepaper: Indoor climate knowledge for restorers
Exclusive expert report with compact indoor climate knowledge by Cord Brune, conservator with diploma M.A.
- 13 influencing factors on your art and culture collections
- Specific recommendations for action to protect your exhibits
Whitepaper: Data logger vs thermo-hygrograph
The advantages of climate monitoring using data loggers are explained in a detailed and informative way.
- Advantages of data loggers compared with thermo-hygrographs
- Requirements for data loggers in museum
The right model for every requirement.
humidity, lux and UV
humidity, lux and UV
Application example: testo 160 monitoring system
White paper: CO₂ and indoor air quality
Inconspicuous, comprehensive and everywhere: The special features
Individually designable housing covers
Blend into the background
- Simply fit onto the logger
- Deco-cover can be painted or decorated
- Loggers remain in the background, full attention is on your works/artefacts
Connectable external probes
Monitoring in glass display cases
- Ideal for glass display cases in which a logger cannot be placed
- Sensors for °C, %RH, Lux, mW/m2
- Also for air conditioned cases
The Testo Cloud
Everything in view all the time
- Simply transfer measurement values by wireless LAN to the online store
- Call up data at any time
- Via normal browser
Alarm functions in cases of limit value violations
Always on guard
- Immediate alarm notification by SMS and/or e-mail
- Separate alarm for light intensity