Use the digital vane anemometer probe in combination with the testo 480 climate measuring instrument (optional) to measure air velocity and volumetric flow in ventilation ducts. The vane anemometer probe's wide temperature range of up to +140 °C means that you can also use it in hot process air and in industrial ventilation systems.
Key features of the digital vane anemometer probe
- Measuring range: Air velocity from 0.6 to 50 m/s; temperature from -30 to +140 °C (probe head)
- Telescope: The probe is equipped with a stable, non-rotatable telescope. When extended, the maximum length of the telescope is 960 mm. Thanks to the scaling on the telescope, the immersion depth can be read off easily.
- Measurement button: A measurement button is located on the handle of the vane anemometer probe. Use this measurement button to directly trigger the storage of air velocity and volumetric flow readings. These readings are then immediately stored and displayed in the testo 480 climate measuring instrument. The benefits offered by the measurement button are two-fold: you will find the probe easier to handle during the measurement and you also get accurate measurement data. This is because the testo 480 climate measuring instrument can be attached to the ventilation duct during the measurement. You just need to make sure that the vane anemometer probe is ideally positioned in the duct and – courtesy of the practical measurement button – store the respective maximum air velocity or volumetric flow value right away.
- Digital principle: Since the probe is digital, this eliminates the measurement uncertainty of the testo 480 climate measuring instrument. This means you can benefit from accurate measurement results.
The vane anemometer probe with intelligent calibration concept
Thanks to an intelligent calibration concept, the vane anemometer probe is impressive when used in combination with the testo 480 climate measuring instrument. Any ISO or DAkkS calibration deviations identified are stored directly in the probe. So you get a zero-error display. The intelligent calibration concept includes the following steps:
- Calibration reminder: the digital probe notifies the testo 480 climate measuring instrument as soon as the next calibration is due. Our recommendation: calibration 1 × per year.
- Probe calibration: Subsequently you can have the probe calibrated, e.g. at Testo Industrial Services. There is no need to send in the testo 480 climate measuring instrument either. This means that the measuring instrument can be used with the greatest possible flexibility.
- Enter the calibration data: You can now enter the calibration deviations from the calibration certificate using the EasyClimate software (included with the testo 480). These are therefore stored in the probe permanently.
- Zero-error display: The probe takes calibration deviations into account automatically (i.e. the probe's reading is adjusted by the measurement deviation from the certificate), thereby generating a zero-error display in the testo 480 measuring instrument. Your system, which consists of measuring instrument and probe, delivers measurement results that are reliable and reproducible.
Vane anemometer probe Ø 16 mm including clip-on protective cap.
Please note: To connect the vane anemometer probe to the testo 480 climate measuring instrument, you need a plug-in head cable. You need to order this separately as an accessory.