When working in food production you deal with fresh, easily spoilt produce on a daily basis. Quality must be immaculate, so there is no risk of inferior goods being distributed. Testo food safety equipment ensures you are storing, manufacturing, and processing food safely from farm to fork. Ideal for spot checks or long-term monitoring.
Wherever people work with food, the ambient temperature and humidity play a critical role.
- Use our climate monitoring system
- Ensure compliance with HACCP and EN 12830 guidelines
- Make sure your goods are impeccable in terms of both hygiene and quality
Cooking oil quality
The oil in your deep fat fryer has a direct impact on various factors: spent cooking oil has a negative effect on the flavour and digestibility of deep-fried food.
- Determine the right moment for changing the cooking oil by the help of exact measurements
- Assure cooking oil quality and avoid too frequent changes of cooking oil
Temperature spot checks
The temperature of foods has a crucial influence on the formation and proliferation of germs and therefore on product quality and consumer health.
- Proceed regular temperature checks
- Ensure food safety
There are a huge number of facilities where (deep-)frozen food has to be stored.
- Use data loggers to continuously document the temperature
- Approved according to EN 12830
- Qualification of the plate temperature with five measuring points per plate
- Measurement of the plate temperature with testo 190 T3/T4 or testo 191 T3/T4 plus probe holder for freeze-drying
- Steam in Place (SIP): Subsequent sterilization of the system with superheated steam under specified time and temperature conditions
- Physical and biological evidence that the sterilization method is suitable for the product
- The validity of the procedure must be verified regularly, e.g. when it comes to steam sterilization in autoclaves by temperature data loggers (lethality rate), pressure data loggers (saturated steam quality) and biological indicators
- Positioning the data logger’s probe tip in the core of the item being sterilized
- Checking and regular verification as to whether the pasteurization process is effective
- Determination of the correct hold times/pasteurization temperatures and the P-value
- Measurement of temperatures at the coldest point in the process
- Correct placement of the data logger is crucial for ensuring the reliable killing of germs in the product
pH measurement H2>
The pH value of foods has a direct effect on the growth of microorganisms and therefore on food quality and safety.
- pH value as a quality characteristic for evaluating food
- Easy measurement of this important quality parameter