For EPA Emissions Compliance testing – EPA test methods 7E, CTM-030, CTM-034, ASTM D6522, SCAQMD 1110.2, SCAQMD 1146. Its also used for state, local and company testing
For combustion tuning IC engines (spark-Ignited rich and lean burn and compression-ignited diesel engines)
Measures O2, CO, NO, NO2 (NOx) on EPA dry basis for Compliance and Pre-compliance testing, establish emission baselines and confirm combustion / emissions permit status and combustion maintenance
Used to confirm catalyst performance, optimizing combustion dynamics and confirm proper fuel delivery & set-up, and preventative maintenance
Used to confirm Engine O2 sensor and AFR output
Find inbound air (O2) leakage in gaskets, between catalysts and pollution control devices, etc
Identify engine or emission problems to avert future failures
testo 350 - Engine Kit (for Compliance testing & tuning and combustion maintenance)
Order-Nr. 400563 3513
The Control Unit controls the analyzer box and displays the measurements in a high definition graphic display. View the separate values or the trending graphs. Select the “Rich Burn” or Lean Burn” engine icon and the analyzer will activate the proper settings and guide you through the measurement. Save each reading or let the automatic program data log the test.
One test run or three? You define it or use one of the default programs (i.e. EPA CTM-034). Bluetooth connectivity to over 330 feet keeps your informed of the readings. The Control Unit’s magnets allow you to dock next to the AFR cabinet which makes for easier combustion adjustments. You can also connect via USB to stream data seamlessly.
The Analyzer Box (contains the sensors, pumps, power, etc.) The 300-foot Bluetooth connection allows the analyzer to be closer to the stack, and you in a better location. The closer location results in sensor response times faster than any other portable analyzer in the market. The 350 uses a patented sample gas path and advanced Peltier sample conditioning system. The chiller is temperature monitored and controlled and continuously removes moisture from the gas path. It starts with a powerful pump that pulls a high velocity sample through a Teflon sample line all the while monitoring flow rate and automatically adjusting to maintain a constant flow. Perfect for compliance testing. It’s the most advanced and most powerful sample preparation system in the market. It not only satisfies EPA compliance for a dry sample, it also protects the sensors for longer life.
Ideal Features for Engine Testing
- Sensors include: O2 (0-25%), CO (0 -10,000ppm with dilution to 400,000 ppm), NO (0-4000 ppm) and NO2 (0-500 ppm) for a “True NOx” reading. Hardware protections make the sensors last up to 5 years making cost of ownership the best in market. Sensors are plug & play allowing you to change in field to a LOW NOx 0.1 ppm measurement.
- The “RICH burn” mode activates the CO dilution to the 50,000 ppm (5X) range. Switch to a 10X when commissioning for even better sensor protection. Switch to “overall-dilution” to double the range on CO, NO, and NO2. The analyzer will automatically calculate and display the corrected values. User defined setpoints means you can extend sensor life and maintain accurate measurements. Switch to “LEAN burn” mode to deactivate.
- Dilution system allows for more accurate CO measurement throughout the testing range. See our white paper on our Hydrogen compensated CO sensors. It provides the technical reasons the testo 350 has superior accuracy.
- Important displayed values. See the raw NO and NO2 (and NOx) values along with the NOx corrected value to 15% O2 (or other user-defined percentage). This way you can immediately see if you are below, or above your permit limit.
- Calculates and displays grams per brake horsepower hour (g/bhphr.) Just input the fuel consumption and BTU value, horsepower and f-Factor, and the analyzer will calculate the “grams.” It doesn’t get any easier than this.
- Automatic data logging programs – Set up one run or three. Set the time interval and sampling rate. During the run, check the calculated averages NOx and CO reading against your permit limits. Yes, you can watch the status real time. This saves valuable time and allows you to stop a test and adjust the engine instead of wasting time on a failed test.
- Convenient “fresh air” button purges sensors. Press the button to purge instead of climbing ladders to remove the probe. The “purge” increases sensor life, establishes better sensor equilibrium, and virtually eliminate measurement drift.
- Onboard diagnostics helps you before the emissions test! Push the i (information) button to see: sensor, battery, error code, and leak check status.
- On-Site Calibration – Even with the best sensors in the market, calibrations are a protocol necessity. Here the testo 350 shines in its simple procedures and intelligent feedback to let you know if you’re having problems. It shows the gas flow rate and even detects and informs you if the concentrations are not correct. The 350 has instrument intelligence that at the highest level.
- The Engine Probe utilized high temperature stainless steel, heat deflector shield and cone allow it to be used on hot engine applications. A 13-foot Teflon lined hose and an extra filter/condensate trap protects the analyse from moisture especially when sampling from a drop hose.
Other Useful Options for Engine Testing:
- For Diesel testing – use the sintered filter probe to keep high soot levels from entering probe and analyzer. The welded-on filter withstands high vibration and provided better engine security.
- Hose extensions - 9-foot quick connect extensions means you can extend the hose to 25 feet. Disconnect them for easier, less bulky transport.
- TECsoft (Testing & Emission Compliance Software) – for real time data logging (or downloading from instrument memory) directly into excel report templates. Eliminates the copy and paste hassles. Pull together the Pre- and Post-calibration gas data for comprehensive reports. Highly flexible and easily customized Excel report templates.
Testo 350 – Probes and hoses - Options
- Probe adapters to attached you own sampling hose via Swagelok fittings
- Heated sample lines (self-regulating), lightweight with small turning radius and with LED features to let you know the heating status
- Industrial sample probes from 3 feet to 9 feet long. Made from stainless steel, Inconel, or Ceramic covers a wide variety of temperature needs. From 1112⁰F to 3200⁰F
- testo 350 Control Unit
- testo 350 Analyzer Box
- Sensors in Kit: O2, CO, NO, NO2, Dilution system
- Thermoelectric sample conditioner with condensate removal pump
- Delta pressure, temperature
- On-Board data logging, USB connection
- Rechargeable batteries and AC power cable
- Bluetooth 2.0 communication (to 330 feet away)
- 6' data bus communication cable, BUS connections
- EasyEmission software
- 13" Engine probe (1832 °F max) with 13' Teflon-lined hose
- Extra particle filters
- Rugged transport case, with manuals, calibration certificate
Order Number: 0409 0063
Order Number: 0554 0440
Order Number: 0635 2042
Order Number: 0635 2140
Standard gas sampling probes
Order Number: 0554 1202
Order Number: 0554 8765
Order Number: 0600 8764
Order Number: 0600 8765
Order Number: 0600 8766
Order Number: 0600 8767
Order Number: 0600 9766
Order Number: 0600 9797
Order Number: 0600 7556
Comfort Measurement Set
Order Number: 0632 3510
Ideal order suggestion for emission measurement on thermal processes
Order Number: 0516 3510
Order Number: 0554 3334
Order Number: 0632 3511
Order Number: 0516 3510
Order Number: 0554 0434
Order Number: 0554 1337
Printer and accessories
Order Number: 0554 0549
Order Number: 0449 0075
Order Number: 0449 0076
Order Number: 0554 3149
Order Number: 0554 3334
testo 350 - Kits for Engine TestingUnleash Your Engine's Horsepower!
Rich Burn, Lean Burn, Diesel Emissions TestingRich-burn engine exhaust, when uncontrolled, can have wide concentration ranges and both CO and NOx can fluctuate significantly. The on-board CO dilution system will automatically set-up for optimum engine testing, perfect for a rich burn engine. Lean-burn engines have different exhaust characteristics, but NO2 can make up a significant portion of the total NOx measurement. The 350 measures both NO and NO2 for proper lean-burn engine set-up.
Download Testo's PDF and learn more about proper engine tuning and testing. See what combustion characteristics contribute to detonation problems. See how engine emission develops and how the testo 350 can be used for both tuning and emission testing. Download the PDF to get a better understanding of how proper engine setup can provide better combustion and lower emissions.
EPA Engine Testing RegulationsThe federal guidelines for testing stationary Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines (RICE) have made their way into the field. The National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutions (NESHAP) 40 CFR subpart ZZZZ (aka "quad Z") addresses one type of engine testing criteria. The New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) subpart JJJJ (aka "quad J") addresses still another set of engines and testing criteria. You can learn more about the standards by reviewing the official EPA Implementation Question and Answer Document.
In both the quad Z and J standards, portable electrochemical (EC) emission analyzers are accepted for testing. Since the late 1990s, Testo's analyzers have demonstrated that both high accuracy and low cost are achievable.
TECsoft Reporting SoftwareTECsoft Testing & Emissions Compliance Software integrates the Testo 350 and the simplicity of Excel into the fastest and most flexible testing software available
Innovative multi-unit simultaneous testing (Quad Z Testing Solution)The testo 350 greatly reduces the hardware and software needed and make data logging and review easier. Two analyzers link together to display the catalyst measurements. It's simple and the cost for this system is substantially lower than the traditional trailer mounted testing rigs.
It starts by connecting two probes and analyser boxes to the exhaust stack. Each analyzer is specifically configured for the different gas conditions found in pre- and post-catalyst exhaust gas. Both analyzers are connected to the handheld control unit. The high definition display shows the side-by-side measurements. Communication through Testo’s “BUS” system makes it possible.
easyEmission SoftwareData collection and interpretation is much easier when you know the actual pre- and post-catalyst measurement in real time. The software shows the simultaneous measurement in a variety of formats. User-define “measurement groups” allow you to select single (or multi) parameters from two up to 16 different analyzer boxes. Simple, useful displays for complex measurements make tuning far easier than before.
Firmware testo 350 - Control Unit (v1.20, BIN, 11.645 KB) Firmware Update for testo 350 Control Unit (0563 3511). *Note: If using Windows 8 or 10, download Bootloader Kit, and instructions from links below.
Firmware testo 350 - Analyzer Box (v1.20, BIN, 1.8 MB) Firmware Update for testo 350 Analyzer Box (0563 3510). *Note: If using Windows 8 or 10, download Bootloader Kit, and instructions from links below.
Update-Kit / Bootloader (EXE, 380 KB) Download this file if you are using Microsoft Windows 8 or 10. Firmware cannot be installed if this Update Kit file is not activated.
This applies to Testo models 320, 330, 330i, 350) See Installation Instructions PDF prior to installation.