The thermal imager – your new favourite tool
The measuring instrument for every application: there are hardly any measuring instruments that are as versatile as a thermal imager. Because the areas where the visualization of temperatures using thermography makes your work easier include the following:
- In building thermography a Testo thermal camera helps you to detect thermal bridges and structural defects.
- In heating engineering you can use thermography to check underfloor heating is working properly or for the non-destructive detection of leaks.
- In maintenance a thermal camera enables you to see wear before systems fail.
NEW: Thermal imager testo 883
See for yourself.
Building energy consultation
Would you like to buy a thermal imager? What to keep in mind:
- Resolution: at least 160 x 120 pixels
- Thermal sensitivity < 120 mK (visualizes temperature differences as from 0.12°C)
- Software for analysis and professional reports
- Easy and intuitive operation
A comparison of all thermal imagers
Infrared thermography applications
The FOV calculator shows you quickly and easily how small the measurement object can be, in order to be recognized (IFOV geo) and reliably measured (IFOV meas) at the selected distance.
Functions for the Testo thermal imagers
Buying a thermal imager is a sensible investment. Especially if you choose a Testo thermal imager. Because our instruments have the best price-performance ratio of their class. That’s why they are the best way you can use infrared thermography for your purposes – thanks to these features:
analysis software for thermography
High-performance PC analysis software for creating professional thermographic reports.
testo Thermography App
Work smart and networked
Work smart and networked:
- The testo Thermography App
- for testo 868, testo 871, testo 872
Wireless connection of the thermal imager:
- to the testo 605i thermohygrometer
- to the testo 770-3 clamp meter
See more details – SuperResolution technology instantly makes the image quality of your thermal imager one class better.
Measurement location recognition
For repeated thermal imaging of measuring objects, SiteRecognition technology offers immediate recognition of measuring locations.
for mould prevention
Mould and humidity are visualized directly in the thermal imager’s display thanks to the display of surface humidity distribution.
Comparable thermal images:
- Thermal image scale with automatic optimal setting
- for testo 865, testo 868, testo 871, testo 872
For accurate thermal images:
- testo ε-Assist automatically sets emissivity (ε)
- and reflected temperature (RTC)
Panorama image assistant
Analyze large objects more easily
Stitches together an easy-to-examine overall view from several individual images.
Process analysis package
Identify temperature developments
Fully radiometric video measurement and sequence storage directly in the thermal imager.
Smart thermography with the highest image quality – this is what the testo 872 model stands for:
- Infrared resolution 320 x 240 pixels (with testo SuperResolution technology 640 x 480 pixels)
- Integrated digital camera and laser marker
- Wireless measurement data transfer from the testo 770-3 clamp meter and testo 605i humidity measuring instrument
- With testo Thermography App
One look with the testo 872 and you can see whether your system is running efficiently or which faulty modules need to be replaced. That means your investment pays for itself faster and your photovoltaic system produces electricity efficiently.
With the testo 872, there are no longer any thermal bridges, missing insulation or leaks in underfloor heating that remain undetected. Simply switch on, get going and know more.
Instead of thermal imaging cameras: more measuring instruments from Testo
Depending on the application, you will still need more measuring instruments for efficient temperature measurement in addition to a thermal camera. We have put together a small selection of our bestsellers for you here.
Smart temperature measurement
are compact professional measuring instruments operated by smartphone. They are available for the most important measurement parameters and will make your day-to-day work somewhat more pleasant.
Measuring in liquids, semi-solid and solid media
Temperature data loggers are used not only for measuring temperatures (and other measurement parameters), but also for monitoring and recording them over defined time periods.
Measuring temperatures on surfaces
As the name makes clear, a surface temperature meter is used to measure the temperature on the surface of a measurement object. This category also includes infrared thermometers. Just like an infrared thermal imager, they measure an object's thermal radiation. Temperature measuring strips on the other hand are used for fast measurement of the surface temperature in a really wide variety of applications.