Thermometer strips determine the surface temperature of the measurement object within temperature zones or as a maximum value. For temperature control, the self-adhesive films are simply stuck onto the measurement object. If the temperature limit values are exceeded, the measuring strips have a lightning quick reaction with irreversible colour changes. This enables reliable detection of whether limit values have been exceeded.
Temperature measuring strips – self-adhesive, irreversible and absolutely reliable
- Maximum precision for temperature control between 37 and 280°C.
- Three formats for small to very small fast moving measurement objects too.
- High measuring accuracy of ±1.5°C in the 29 to 150°C temperature range.
- As from a temperature of 150°C, the measuring accuracy is +1% of the respective temperature value.
- Maximum efficiency and measuring precision at an impressive price.
Testo's temperature measuring strips are available in three different formats and performance profiles: H2>
- Temperature measuring strips with measuring range for small,moving parts and long-term measurement.
- Measuring points with maximum value and extremely short response time.
- Mini indicators with measuring range for very small objects.
Measure 1 maximum temperature between
46 and 260°C in each case. Response time: 1 second
8 types each with its own measuring range between
40 and 260°C. Response time: 2 seconds
Testo's temperature stickers are more and more frequently used for temperature control – for example in the electrical industry, automotive engineering, research and aerospace technology. Because their efficiency is unbeatable when tasks such as preventive maintenance, quality assurance or proof of warranty abuse are involved. You will find out about important background elements and application tips for professional temperature control with measuring strips here.
- Make sure that surfaces and measurement parts are clean and dry.
- 3. Temperature stickers should be stored in a cool place: the ideal range is between 6 and 10°C. The storage temperature should not exceed 25°C.
- No air bubbles should be formed when the measuring strips are bonded.
- Do not store thermometer strips for too long. Measuring strips up to 65°C can be kept for a maximum of 9 months, measuring strips of 65°C and above have a considerably longer shelf life of 12 – 24 months.
Although there are sophisticated chemical processes behind the way measuring strips work, they are in principle very simply designed. Temperature-sensitive elements are located under a transparent protective layer. These are the so-called phase-transforming indicators. The temperature measuring strips themselves consist of different mixtures of chemicals, which are produced on special absorptive paper substrates.
If the pre-defined temperatures are reached, the chemical melts and is absorbed by the substrate. The chemical reaction is shown by the change of colour. Important: the colour that develops is irreversible, because the chemical reaction can only occur once. Further temperature fluctuations no longer have any influence on the colour. Perfect temperature control guaranteed!
Thermometer strips are extremely efficient. However, they are not suitable for numerous tasks in classic temperature control, e.g. in heating engineering and air conditioning technology or in cleanrooms. For this, Testo offers you a wide range of high-precision temperature measuring instruments. Precisely tailored to our customers' requirements, and therefore field tested a million times. You can get an overview here:
Testo offers a variety of solutions for measuring surface temperature. Depending on the application, a surface temperature meter with a special measuring head is ideal for you. Thermography is enjoying increasing popularity. Temperature measurement with thermal imagers is particularly convenient to use and highly precise. The attractive price-performance ratio of the Testo thermal imagers is impressive here. Testo's infrared thermometers are ideal for measuring the temperature of poor thermal conductors, such as ceramic or rubber, as well as fast moving or critical objects. Non-contact, high-precision and lightning fast.
Are you looking for a temperature measuring instrument that gets by without a handheld instrument? Then we recommend you use the innovative Testo Smart Probes. Smart Probes combine high-precision measurement with the advantages of the smart new world. Because the values measured by the temperature probe are wirelessly transmitted to your own handheld measuring instrument: your smartphone or tablet. And, thanks to the testo Smart Probes App, not only displayed, but also stored, documented, sent – whatever you want.
Our temperature data loggers have been proving their worth in terms of measuring the temperature and humidity of goods in transit since as early as 2007.
Testo's immersion thermometers are not only indispensable for measuring the temperature of liquids. They are at the same time penetration thermometers and can even measure the air temperature precisely.