Carrying out quick checks with a conventional thermal imager is not as easy or straightforward as it may sound. That’s because thermal imaging cameras are complex pieces of measuring equipment that are used by a wide range of professionals. Architects use them, energy consultants use them. But what if you’re a professional who works in an industrial or commercial environment or in Facility Management for example? Would you want a thermal camera that has a multitude of functions and features that you will never need?
That’s the question we asked ourselves. And that’s why we got together with professionals in the field to build a sophisticated but downsized camera that ticked all the boxes but which didn’t have any of the frills or features that you as a professional need during your daily work. The answer we came up with is the testo 870-1, a state-of-the-art, easy-to-use infrared camera that allows you to save time by carrying out quick and reliable checks. And time, as we all know, is money.
Areas of application for the testo 870-1 thermal imaging camera
Detecting leaks, locating thermal bridges, making overheated connections visible to the eye: the testo 870-1 thermal imaging camera is ideal for a wide range of applications that are carried out during maintenance and installation work in industrial and commercial settings. Saves time during quality control and provides a reliable means of carrying out checks in production.
testo 870-1 thermal imaging camera – technical highlights
The testo 870-1 thermal imaging camera is not only extremely easy to use – all you need to do is press the power key to start – it is also equipped with a variety of useful functions and valuable features:
- High resolution for superior image quality: 19 200 temperature measuring points for high precision detection. Infrared resolution 160 x 120 pixels, SuperResolution technology – enhances image quality by a whole class to 320 x 240 pixels
- Even the smallest of temperature differences can be made visible thanks to a thermal sensitivity of < 100 mK
- Wide field of view: the focus free 34°lens has a wide field of view which gives you an excellent overall view of the temperature distribution of the measuring object
- Critical temperature situations are shown directly thanks to the automatic hot and cold spot trackers
- Pro software allows you assess your images on your PC
- Thermal images can be also saved as JPEG