Reading sample: The use of electrochemical sensors in mobile flue gas measuring instruments for emission measurements in industrial applications.
Introduction: Reasons for using gas analysis for industrial flue gases
Gas analysis, i.e. the measurement technology used for determining the composition of gases, is an indispensable tool for an economic and and secure process implementation in almost all industrial areas. The focus is on combustion processes, although this is a generic term that encompasses a large number of different processes. In Fig. 1, a combustion process is shown in steps, starting on the left with the introduction of fuel and combustion air into a combustion chamber, via the actual combustion and the different processes driven by it, up to the exhaust gas scrubbing and the final emission check.
Kako nas kontaktirate
Imate kakršnakoli vprašanja?
Z veseljem vam pomagamo.
Z veseljem vam pomagamo.
In all steps of this procedural chain, gas analysis provides information on the composition of the combustion and exhaust gases, thus allowing the economic and safe operation of the plant while complying with the official regulations, and is therefore crucial in equal measure to the quality and efficiency of production. Gas analyzers are used in the analysis of combustion gases in industry in various applications which are not limited to the area of emission monitoring. It is possible to differentiate between the following areas of application, with a certain amount of overlapping.
- Setting and service work for general checking, for example after plant maintenance, by way of troubleshooting in the event of unstable processes, in preparation for official measurements, following repairs etc.
- Process measurements for the optimization of combustion in fuel, combustion air, burner and in the combustion chamber, with the objective of saving fuels, improving efficiency and extending plant life.
- Process measurements for monitoring a defined gas atmosphere in the combustion chamber or in special combustion chambers or furnaces during processes such as burning, roasting, surface treatment etc.
- Process and emissions measurements for monitoring flue gas cleaning equipment for proper functionality.
- Emissions measurements for monitoring compliance with limit values for pollutants in the flue gas upstream or in the chimney.
testo 350 exhaust gas measurement on the engine
testo 350 flue gas measuring instrument with flue gas probe
Contents of the white paper
- Introduction: Reasons for using gas analysis for industrial flue gases
- Using combustion heat
- Exhaust gas/flue gas and its composition
- Form and composition of fuels
- Gas analyzers and measurement principles
- Using electrochemical sensors in Testo gas measuring instruments
- Functional principle of electrochemical gas sensors
- Testo’s exclusive sensors with normed, digitized output signals
- Special solutions adapted to special applications