A Testo moisture meter (also called a thermohygrometer, hygrometer or humidity meter) measures humidity and material moisture reliably, quickly and precisely.
Testo moisture meters offer you the following
- Large selection of different measuring instruments and probes
- Fast, accurate measurement results
- Robust construction with reliable brand quality
The humidity that occurs in a room essentially depends on the following factors:
- Production of humidity in the room
- Air exchange with the outside air
- Ability of walls and installations to absorb humidity
- Transport of humidity by external building components
Air humidity meters H2>
Material moisture meter H2>
Humidity probes H2>
Humidity data logger H3>
Material moisture is mostly measured when it is a case of determining the moisture content of building materials or fuels. In both cases, it is vital that the moisture is below defined limit values. A digital moisture meter for material moisture supports you in this process.
Determine humidity with a moisture meter – but correctly
- Make sure that neither body heat nor the air you breathe reaches the probe or moisture meter
- For the best possible results with your moisture meter, always move the probe gently when you measure humidity
- Adhere to the acclimatization time for hygrometers and probes
- Measure humidity with a thermohygrometer at a height of about 1.1 m in the middle of the room.
- Stored menus for long-term measurement and parallel determination of humidity and temperature of the air
- Automatic calculation of dewpoint, wet bulb temperature and absolute humidity
- Wireless humidity probe for particularly convenient work
- The testo 440 air velocity & IAQ measuring instrument / moisture meter can be extended with a wide range of digital probes
Air humidity has a crucial influence in terms of how well or unwell people in a room feel. The ideal ambient humidity is between 30 and 65% RH. In addition, temperature is also of course crucial. As you certainly know: high humidity can be extremely stressful at correspondingly high temperatures. You soon feel as if you were in the jungle.
That is why a Testo moisture meter is generally fitted with humidity and temperature sensors. This means you can always keep an eye on the two corresponding values. Depending on the model, your moisture meter can also calculate and show the dewpoint temperature based on these values. This is in turn crucial in terms of assessing areas in a room that are susceptible to mould.
A humidity data logger is basically a digital moisture meter which measures continuously and records the measuring values. This is crucial for the storage of goods which are sensitive to moisture, such as pharmaceuticals or food. However, the air humidity must not exceed defined limit values when it comes to storing objects of art either.
The moisture on surfaces can also be measured really easily from a distance with an appropriate measuring instrument. At the same time, you can choose between two options:
The parameters measured by an infrared thermometer with humidity measurement include indoor air humidity and dew point distance. This enables you to detect areas in rooms that are susceptible to mould at an early stage and to introduce appropriate countermeasures.
Thermal imagers with humidity measurement do not just measure moisture on surfaces, but even make it visible. This a particularly crucial for the detection of mould risk. Because the thermal image makes susceptible areas clear really simply using the traffic light principle. Areas which have an acute risk of mould are shown as red, those not at risk as green. Yellow areas are just about OK.
Can the firewood be burnt yet? Is the screed dry yet? Can the construction timber be processed yet? A material moisture meter always has the right answer to all these questions. A glance at the display is enough for you to save yourself expensive repairs. For instance, if fitted elements have to be laboriously removed again, because timbers have distorted while they were progressively drying out.