Use the robust humidity probe in combination with the testo 480 climate measuring instrument (optional) to measure temperature and relative humidity.
The probe was especially designed for use in sophisticated production and treatment processes. It can even withstand high temperatures of up to +180 °C. This makes it possible to monitor the moisture content in air-conditioning cabinets, for example, or to measure the moisture content in industrial exhaust air, e.g. in drying processes.
Key features of the robust humidity probe
- Measuring ranges: Relative humidity from 0 to 100 %RH*; temperature from -20 to +180 °C
- Calculation of other measurement parameters: The humidity probe measures the relative humidity and the temperature. The following humidity measurement parameters are also calculated and displayed in the testo 480: Moisture content (g/m3, g/ft3, g/kg, g/lb), dew point, wet bulb temperature, enthalpy (kJ/kg), BTU/lb, ppm and Vol%
- Digital principle: Since the humidity probe is digital, this eliminates the measurement uncertainty of the testo 480 climate measuring instrument. This means you can benefit from accurate measurement results.
- Testo humidity sensor: The robust humidity probe includes the humidity sensor developed by Testo. Our humidity sensor is long-term stable and traceable to international humidity standards, such as ILAC, PTB and NIST.
- Protection of the humidity sensor via the robust stainless steel sintered filter: The screw-on stainless steel sintered filter offers optimum sensor protection in dusty atmospheres, mechanical loads and high flow speeds.
- On-site calibration: The control and calibration set (optional) offers you the option of monitoring the humidity probe and calibrating it on site if necessary at humidity values of 11.3 %RH and 75.3 %RH.
Zero-error display thanks to an intelligent calibration concept
An intelligent calibration concept makes the humidity probe impressive when used in combination with the testo 480 climate measuring instrument. Any ISO or DAkkS calibration deviations identified are stored directly in the probe. So you get a zero-error display. The intelligent calibration concept includes the following steps:
- Calibration reminder: The digital humidity probe notifies the testo 480 climate measuring instrument as soon as the next calibration is due. Our recommendation: calibration 1 × per year
- Calibrate the probe: Subsequently you can have the humidity probe calibrated in accordance with ISO or DAkkS standards, e.g. at Testo Industrial Services. There is no need to send in the testo 480 climate measuring instrument either. This means that the measuring instrument can be used with the greatest possible flexibility.
- Enter the calibration data: You can now enter the calibration deviations from the calibration certificate using the EasyClimate software (included with the testo 480). These are therefore stored in the humidity probe permanently.
- Zero-error display: The humidity probe takes calibration deviations into account automatically (i.e. the probe's reading is adjusted by the measurement deviation from the certificate), thereby generating a zero-error display in the testo 480 measuring instrument. Your system, which consists of measuring instrument and probe, delivers measurement results that are reliable and reproducible.
Robust humidity probe with fixed plug-in head cable, including foam protection for the sintered filter.
* Please do not use the robust humidity probe in condensing atmospheres. For continuous application in high-humidity ranges
- > 80 %RH at ≤ 30 °C for > 12 h
- > 60 %RH at > 30 °C for > 12 h
please contact Testo Service or contact us via the Testo website.