The carbon dioxide (CO₂) content of the air is an indicator of the indoor air quality – assuming that human respiration constitutes the main emission source for the CO₂. Measuring instruments with CO₂ sensors enable you to reliably control this important value: because, as the air quality falls (increasing CO₂ content in the air), performance also falls.
CO₂ measuring device – on the safe side with Testo
When people breathe out, they release colourless and odourless carbon dioxide – a gaseous combination of carbon and oxygen which is harmful or deadly at a high concentration:
- If the CO₂ concentration in the air we breathe rises above 150,000 ppm, unconsciousness occurs.
- The CO₂ limit value in offices is 1,000 ppm.
- The optimum value is 400 ppm.
- Easy, accurate CO₂ measurement.
- Robust, tried and tested instruments.
- Ideal for monitoring and optimizing indoor air.
- CO₂ measuring instruments with unbeatable price-performance ratio.
CO₂ measuring device with connectable probes H3>
In addition to CO₂, also measures further parameters relevant to IAQ – simply attach the required probe.
CO₂ measuring device with permanent probes H3>
The classic solution for CO₂ measurement at lightning speed.
CO₂ data logger H2>
Data logger for monitoring the indoor air quality.
Indoor air quality H3>
Facility management H3>
It is very quick to sum up which CO₂ measuring instrument it is possible to use for reliable recording of exhaust gas: each of the numerous Testo models meets the high requirements made by professional users all over the world. And so as to ensure you actually achieve maximum measurement precision with your CO₂ measuring instrument, simply take these 5 small but important tips into consideration:
- Choose the appropriate measuring instrument:
Do you need a CO₂ measuring device for continuous data recording or do you tend to carry out measurements sporadically at different locations instead? Depending on the requirement, either a stationary CO₂ data logger or a portable CO₂ or air velocity & IAQ measuring instrument, like the testo 400 is ideal for you.
- Take the ambient conditions into account:
Both fine dust and condensation influence the optical path and therefore the measurement results.
- Do not breathe on the probe:
The air you breathe is saturated with CO₂ and must not flow in the direction of the probe. Simply use a stand and move a little to one side.
- Measure at head height:
For measurements at the workplace, determine the CO₂ value at the head height of the people working there.
- Routine check when the CO₂level is raised:
If there is a raised CO₂ concentration, it may be due to the ventilation system not being correctly set. A quick check is always a good idea.
Would you like to set your ventilation and air conditioning system or control the indoor air quality? Then why not measure all the VAC parameters with just one instrument. Which one? Here, you will find the appropriate multifunction measuring instruments for your applications.
Easily monitor the air quality in rooms where lots of people are present via WiFi. No matter whether the areas are open-plan offices, museums or nursery schools: a Testo IAQ data logger will give you the ideal support.
- Testo provides you with the ideal set-up for controlling industrial and environmental noise. Choose the sound level meter which suits your tasks.
- Testo's high-precision lux meters help you to ensure optimum light conditions.
- Whether contactless rpm measurement via a reflective marker and light beam or contact measurement via a measuring wheel: find the best rpm measuring instrument for use in air conditioning technology or in other fields of application.