With the development of different, breakproof probe geometries, Testo is making available special solutions for liquid as well as for viscoplastic substances. The leakproof storage solution is also new. pH probes must be stored in moist conditions, when not in use, in order to prevent the glass membrane coating around the measurement electrode and the diaphragm from drying out.
Pure water alone should not be used since water would release the conducting components contained in the probe electrolytes. A potassium chloride solution is usually used for this purpose. As with every liquid, it can leak which, particularly in the food branch, can lead to contamination of raw foodstuffs or products. Testo, with its new gel storage, has eliminated this disadvantage. The potassium chloride solution is available in a container in gel form. What doesn’t drip can’t leak!
Measurement of the pH value plays an important role in many areas. Anywhere where
there are chemical and biochemical reactions,the pH value has an important indicator function.
Compact pH measuring instrument for measuring liquids. Built-in temperature probe for efficient temperature compensation. Automatic recognition of a stable reading makes it easier to measure. The "TopSafe" case included makes the instrument ideal for outdoor applications or
for use in tough industrial conditions.
• Versatile, accurate pH measuring instrument
• Not affected by dust or dirt thanks to the TopSafe protection case
• Maintenance-free gel electrode
• Built-in temperature probe
• 2 line display
• Automatic full scale value recognition
• 1, 2, or 3 point calibration possible
The pH value is a crucial factor when it comes to assessing the quality of cosmetic products. Cosmetic products which are too acidic can cause skin irritations or rashes. The pH value of the skin is normally between 5 and 6.5 thanks to its natural protective acid mantle. “Skin-neutral” cleansers are actually slightly acidic and can support the skin's protective acid mantle, which is particularly important for people with sensitive skin. On the other hand, alkaline cleansers could encourage the skin's process of replenishing its natural oils.
The pH value of cosmetics must therefore be monitored, controlled and, if necessary, adjusted right from the production stage, so that the end product has the required value. The testo 206 one-hand pH measuring instrument helps you to do this through:
- Direct measurement in process for fast assessment of the pH value
- Three different versions of the product – depending on the medium in which the measurement is being made (e.g. liquid, paste-like, etc.)
- Robust, waterproof and dishwasher-safe “TopSafe” protective cover (protection class IP68) to meet strict cleaning requirements in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Built-in temperature probe for simultaneous measurement of two parameters
- Maintenance-free gel electrolyte
- 1, 2 or 3-point calibration possible