The uniquely light testo 420 Air Flow Capture Hood
What the testo 420 Air Flow Capture Hood has to offer you
Exceptionally lightweight, weighing less than 6.4 lbs. (standard flow hood 24" x 24")
Flow straightener significantly reduces common measurement errors at swirl outlets
Fast set-up, easy handling and convenient operation via the testo Smart App
Measurement, documentation and sending of reports in conjunction with the testo 400
NEW: Measure at large outlets using the testo 420
Determining the volume flow rate with the testo 420
Advantages of the testo 420 Air Flow Capture Hood
- Light: unique weight of less than 6.4 lbs. You will feel the difference, particularly for frequent measurements.
- Precise: air turbulence at swirl outlets is pacified. This allows reliable measurement of the air flow.
- Flexible: optional exchangeable hoods for a variety of measuring tasks.
- Efficient: monitor measuring values and send them by e-mail directly on site via App.
- Convenient: the tilting display makes it easier to read out the measuring values. By removing the instrument, and with the corresponding accessories, you can comfortably carry out pressure and Pitot tube measurements too.
- Smart: the testo Smart App allows you to use mobile devices as a second display or remote control.
- Compatible: Measure and manage measurement and customer data by integrating the testo 400.
Volume flow measurement via App
With the practical testo Smart App on your smartphone/tablet, you can fully exploit the capabilities of the volume flow hood.
For instance, you can operate the measuring instrument remotely, manage your measurement and customer data, and as an added bonus, reports can be sent directly on site via e-mail.
Overview of app functions:
- Monitoring of readings via graphic progression display and remote control of the testo 420
- Creation of reports/documentation with photos or comments and sending them via e-mail
- Calculation of total volume flow and air exchange rate
- Logging and also storage and management of measurement and customer data with a range of approx. 65 feet (unobstructed view) via Bluetooth Low Energy
With these advantages, you'll be able to measure volume flow accurately
In addition to its light weight and the flow straightener, the following features will make your everyday work easier:
- Ergonomic handles
- Tiltable and removable display
- Funnel-shaped tension rod sockets for quick, easy set-up
- Trolley included for safe transport
- App integration for smartphones and tablets. Via Bluetooth, these become a second display and a remote control. Particularly practical for the safe use of a tripod for high ceilings.
- Convenient configuration, measurement and documentation as well as simple sending of reports via connection to the testo 400
Volume flow measurement at swirl outlets - the background
Problem for measuring hood volumetric flow at swirl outlets: air turbulence H3>
Without an integrated flow straightener, the measurement result can be falsified by air turbulence.
Depending on how the flow hits the instrument, the flow velocities measured are either too high or too low.
Solution: volume flow hood from Testo with flow straightener H3>
Other measuring instruments for VAC professionals
Sound level meter
A sound level meter measures the noise level of HVAC systems, amongst other things. Why is this important? With air conditioning and ventilation systems, it is not just a case of these being correctly set in terms of the volume flows and of rooms having adequate fresh air supply or used air extraction. That is merely the obligatory element. The voluntary element: the systems not only have to carry out this task in line with the specifications, but also as quietly and unobtrusively as possible. And this is precisely where the sound level meter comes into its own. It enables you to quickly determine the extent of the noise pollution from a system.
Volume flow measurement with anemometers
In addition to volume flow measuring hoods, Testo also offers further measuring instruments for air conditioning and ventilation measurements:
- Vane anemometers measure flow, airspeed, air temperature and humidity at outlets or in ducts, amongst other things.
- A thermal anemometer works without a vane and is above all used for the measurement of flow velocity, temperature and humidity directly in ducts or at outlets.
Unlike a volume flow measuring hood, this measuring device for volume flow measurement can often be employed as a multi-function instrument. The uses of a multifunctional flow meter therefore include volume flow measurement in ducts/at outlets and determination of comfort level or evaluation of illuminance too.