pH measurement in the cosmetics industry
The pH value is a crucial factor when it comes to assessing the quality of cosmetic products. Cosmetic products which are too acidic can cause skin irritations or rashes. The pH value of the skin is normally between 5 and 6.5 thanks to its natural protective acid mantle. “Skin-neutral” cleansers are actually slightly acidic and can support the skin's protective acid mantle, which is particularly important for people with sensitive skin. On the other hand, alkaline cleansers could encourage the skin's process of replenishing its natural oils.
The pH value of cosmetics must therefore be monitored, controlled and, if necessary, adjusted right from the production stage, so that the end product has the required value. The testo 206 one-hand pH measuring instrument helps you to do this through:
- Direct measurement in process for fast assessment of the pH value
- Three different versions of the product – depending on the medium in which the measurement is being made (e.g. liquid, paste-like, etc.)
- Robust, waterproof and dishwasher-safe “TopSafe” protective cover (protection class IP68) to meet strict cleaning requirements in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Built-in temperature probe for simultaneous measurement of two parameters
- Maintenance-free gel electrolyte
- 1, 2 or 3-point calibration possible