Ensuring the efficiency of gas turbines
Not only in industry, but also in the field of communal power and heat supply, gas turbines have proven themselves as reliable and crucial components in combined heat and power plants (CHP), for example, or combined gas and steam power stations. The optimally adjusted operating parameters of a gas turbine are a deciding factor in whether the respective plant really works efficiently, productively and economically.
The complex interrelationship between the exhaust gas parameters and the adjustment of the combustion process forms the basis for an optimum performance. For this reason, it is important for efficient operation to have a reliable, highly precise measuring instrument to hand.
For emission measurements on gas turbines, very low as well as very high gas concentrations have to be measure.
Very low CO and NOX emissions at the correct adjustment and the right operating point of the gas turbine:
- In order to achieve as high a measurement accuracy as possible, the influencing factor of the exhaust gas humidity must be reduced. This includes above all the dilution of the exhaust gas parameters by a high exhaust humidity (gaseous state) as well as leaching due to chemical reactions between the exhaust gas parameters and condensate (liquid state).
Very high gas concentrations when starting up the plant and at differing load level:
- During this procedure, a gas concentration peak can occur, which cannot be compensated by a low-sensor without dilution.
The portable exhaust gas analyzer testo 350 fulfils these measurement accuracy requirements at very low and high gas concentrations:
At low gas concentrations, the combination of the NO2 sensor and the NOlow sensor, specially developed for this application with a resolution of 0.1 ppm, ensures highly accurate measurement values. The integrated gas preparation and the exhaust gas probe with patented special hose avoid NO2 absorption and the dilution of the exhaust gas parameters. Together with the COlow sensor, you have the measurement technology you need for optimum service and adjustment of gas turbines.
At unexpectedly high gas concentrations, the measuring range extension of the single slot dilution is automatically activated, protecting your COlow or NOlow sensor from wear. Thanks to the unique electronic pulsing, the accustomed measurement accuracy is maintained even at dilution factors of up to 40x. This means even peaks and high concentrations are measurable without any problems.
Here you can download the most important information about the application on gas turbines:
- Emissions development (Lambda)
- Optimum gas turbine settings
The advantages at a glance.
High-precision emission measurements with the testo 350
- High measurement accuracy at low concentrations, thanks to precise COlow and NOlow sensors
- Measure high concentrations and peaks without additional sensor thanks to measuring range extension and sensor protection
- Integrated gas preparation protects from dilution of the measurement values by humidity and from leaching out, e.g. of NO2 by condensate in the exhaust gas
- Ready to measure in 30 seconds
- Easy, precise test gas adjustment on site by the user
Download: ordering suggestion
Other bestsellers from Testo
testo 872 - thermal imager
testo 885 - thermal imager