Unleash Horsepower and Reduce Emissions!
Producing maximum horsepower with the lowest emissions is critical for power generation, natural gas compression, landfill, biogas and CHP applications.
For proper operation, engine efficiency and environmental compliance need to be considered. Accurate exhaust measurements allow for:
- Proper adjustments of ignition timing and fuel flow
- Verification of catalyst performance and efficiency
- Monitoring of the emission permit (i.e. EPA Quad J, Quad Z, or periodic monitoring)
- Testing and reporting: US EPA Method 7E, CTM-030, CTM-034, ASTM D6522. SCAQMD 1110.2
Air surplus, fuel pressure, engine setting and ambient temperature or humidity have a significant effect on emissions. These effects must be considered when optimizing or adjusting the engine and maintaining a minimum emission level.
If the wrong adjustment is performed due to a bad emission reading, it can have negative consequences:
- Mechanical knocking
- Increased temperature in the engine components and operating materials
- Increased wear
- Higher service and repair costs
- An expensive failed test or notice of violation (NoV)
Download the most important information for engine testing and tuning now:
- Emission development (Lambda)
- Optimum engine adjustment
The Solution: testo 350 Engine Testing Kit
The testo 350 has application-specific setting that adapt automatically for a Lean Burn or Rich Burn engine ( λ ≤ 1 or λ > 1 engines). In combination with the high velocity sampling and proven Peltier gas conditioner, the testo 350 provides highly accurate measurement values in the shortest possible time. With these emission values the technician can make engine adjustment to:
- Reduce fuel consumption by up to 10%
- Increased engine life
- Lower maintenance costs thanks to monitoring of mechanical wear
- Document quality of service work
- Optional SO2 and H2S for landfill and biogas applications.
CO Sensor - H2 Cross Sensitivity White Paper
Cross-compensating CO sensors reduce H2 Interference.
The Alternative: testo 340 Emission Measuring Instrument
The testo 340 is the low-cost alternative with very precise measurement technology and an especially robust design. For highly accurate results in measurements without gas preparation.
- Self-cleaning effect in the special Teflon-lined sampling hose: This assures the condensate and dirt particles do not stick to the sampling hose
- Flexible operation: the hose extension (up to 25 feet) means you can see and operate the instrument even when the probe is high in the exhaust stack
- The dilution system allows high concentrations of CO up to 50,000 ppm
- It can be used in biogas applications with the SO2 and H2S sensors