The robust metal housing of the testo 176 T3 temperature data logger makes it suitable for use in the industrial and trade sector, e.g. for process monitoring. You can measure the temperature at up to four points simultaneously - e.g. to measure the flow and return temperatures on radiators. Up to four thermocouple probes can be connected to the data logger (temperature probes TC Type K, Type T or Type J). You can select the thermocouple probes from our large probes range and order them when purchasing the data logger.
The advantage of thermocouple probes is that they react very quickly and cover a large measuring range. For example, you can record particularly low temperatures (as low as -195 °C) using a temperature probe TC Type K - depending on the model selected - or you can even carry out high temperature measurements (up to +1,000 °C). This enables you to both take measurements in super freezers and also monitor high-temperature industrial processes.
The memory of the temperature data logger records up to 2 million readings and can therefore be used for long-term measurements, eliminating the need for the data logger to be read out overly frequently. The data logger has a battery life of up to 8 years, which also makes it a practical instrument for long-term measurements.
Technical features and practical benefits
The testo 176 T3 temperature data logger has a metal housing, so it is well-equipped for industrial applications. The housing of the data logger means that it is extremely robust and, in conformity with protection class IP 65, also protected against dust ingress and water jets. The temperature data logger can therefore be used in polluted and dust-laden environments. When carrying out cleaning at the measuring location, you do not need to remove the logger.
When using the data logger, you can rely on a high level of data security. Measurement data that you have saved will not be lost, even if the battery is spent and being replaced - which is something you can carry out yourself.
Possible areas of application for the temperature data logger
- Monitoring and recording the temperature in deep-freezers or in cryogenic conditions
- Monitoring and recording the flow and return temperature of heating systems
- Monitoring and recording process temperatures
- Measuring and documenting flow and return temperatures at the distributor of an underfloor heating system in order to ensure functional capability
Programming and analysis of the data logger
In order to program and read your temperature data logger and analyse your measurement data, you need to use a software package. There are three software versions to choose from:
- ComSoft Basic software - available free of charge (as a download) - is used for quick programming of the data logger and for easy data analysis
- ComSoft Professional software - available to order subject to a fee - provides you with multiple options for detailed analysis of the measured temperature values
- ComSoft CFR 21 Part 11 software - available to order subject to a fee - is ideal for use in the pharmaceutical industry with its special requirements according to CFR 21 Part 11
The temperature data logger is programmed and read out by means of a USB cable, which is not included in the delivery. You can also use the cable to transmit the measurement data to your PC. You also have the option of using an SD card for this. You can order both when purchasing your data logger.
testo 176 T3 temperature data logger, including wall bracket, lock, battery and calibration protocol.